Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher/voucher code. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. 

If you are struggling to get a voucher please contact us on 07483 115 349.

If you need further help, then the following organisations may be worth contacting:
By phone:     Call the CAB’s (Citizen’s Advice) freephone number 0808 2787 803,  M-F 08:30-17:30.
or  The Prevention Alliance on 0161 474 1042

In person (when offices are open):    Fred Perry House in Central Stockport; The Wellspring; Stockport Homes; Probation Officers; Stockport Local Assistance Scheme or any Adult/Children’s Social workers; Health Visitors and Specialist Carers.

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 208 2138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.

When you have a voucher

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll  exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help